Monday, April 30, 2012

distressed crates and my boy

asher1asher3

I bought some crates at JoAnns about a year ago—Wasn’t sure what to do with them, but I knew I liked them. Finally I spray painted one. It looked awful. And of course after I do something like that it becomes vividly clear what I should have done . And what that is is to stain them all. So I sanded some of the green-yellow off mostly because it would be extremely time consuming- and I’m completely impatient. Then I brushed a walnut stain over.

asher4

asher5

I’m pretty happy with how it turned out. And I’m pretty in love with this boy, who of course like any good boy would, thinks the carts are for him to ride in!

asher3

Before and                                                                                       After

asher6asher7

Thankfully my handy husband helped me add hardware, because I also didn’t have patience for that!

asher8

I am just sick and tired of bookshelves looking like this

asher9

And with this handy crates the have the inability to fall! LOVE!

asher10

asher11

Asher is enjoying utilizing the new system. Any advice for the unfinished cart? I have two unfinished and was considering just doing a solid stain, but I’m open to opinions.

2 comments:

Janell said...

you are so creative! Love it! I wish you could help me with that kind of stuff. hehe.

g said...

cute!