Saturday, November 26, 2011

So thankful the cat behind the stove don’t know it

My great-grandmother had a storehouse full of odd, funny and unusual saying. My mom passed them down to us by repeating them to us as we were kids. Dinner is “must-go's”in my grandmother dialect. Some other sayings are “I have two hands full and my pants to hold up”, “If wishes were horses then beggars might ride”, “Lord willin’ and the creek don’t rise”, and my favorite… “I’m so happy the cat behind the stove don’t know it.” I’ve been puzzled my this my whole life, and now….. I and changing it to “thankful” in celebration of Thanksgiving. Because it means you are REALLY, REALLY HAPPY, OR IN THIS CASE,  THANKFUL.
And I am.
DSC_0004DSC_0006
DSC_0009DSC_0018
Do you remember Thanksgiving at the kids table? I do, always interesting conversation. ALWAYS

DSC_0021
My lil’ Indian
DSC_0022
Ashy doesn’t want to be an Indian
DSC_0003
Grandma Beth cooked us up some dinner. This is the first time I haven’t cooked it all in years. Such a nice break. Very thankful for that.
DSC_0029
After dinner the kids went into a food coma and  watched cartoons before we went out for a walk. Funny story- Grandpa K wanted to take the kids around to some of his neighbor friends and show-off cause he has more grandkids than they do(mean, I know). So we went for a walk. Both houses were beautiful and I was terrified because both houses were ready to host Thanksgiving dinner at any minute and we were coming over with six kids(rude, I know). But everyone was so sweet and of course generous…WITH CANDY. After the first house we walked to other, and Asher ran up to the house and knocked on the door…HE THOUGHT WE WERE TRICK OR TREATING. It.was.so.funny.


I even squeeze a bike ride in, the weather was gorgeous!

I am blessed

3 comments:

Mama Bear said...

You is blessed, girl. And seriously, it's so hard for me not to always write something so mushy. Geeze. iamblessedtobeyourfriendandloveyousomuchxtotheo

Leah said...

perfect day! beautiful pictures as always! :)

Sarah said...

OMG Thanks girls. Leah! You really didn't have to compliment on the photos. UGHHH. I need a photography class.