Thursday, April 28, 2011

put a story on your walls

If you’ve been to my house the stairway probably tells you I have a little thing for wall galleries. I think it is a little absurd and overdone to be perfectly honest. I had a smaller gallery I was happy with. But ended up adding frames we had in all of our different shipments and storage from our many moves and it got bigger. I love me some family photos- old and new,  and black and whites, so I thought—why not. But now I’m not sure, I think less is more at times. Anyway, I have two smaller galleries in my home that are not as “in your face.” And I wanted to share them with you. But first, here some cool ones hot off the web.

brinson_7
{ Design Sponge }
FrameWall-Full-Horizontal
{Young House Love}
img65m
{Pottery Barn}

Here’s my stairway-
spring break day3 (55)
spring break day3 (52)
{the “k’ is a new addition}
spring break day3 (53)
{close up}
The lower profile galleries
spring break day3 (64)
{Asher’s Room}
spring break day3 (49)
{Guest Room}
I added a mirror from a garage sale, bird print from T.J.Maxx, silhouettes of the boys in frames from a dollar store in Japan.  I Framed a card from a friend with a frame I already had,  the other frames and pictures I had as well, just moved them from a box or another room. Total cost $10.00 or less.

I love that wall galleries tell a story. Your story. Whether it be an old postcard, letter, card, picture, flower. If it can hang it works for me. It makes each home feel so personalized and special. So do it! Put a story on your walls.

2 comments:

Janell said...

These are all awesome! I don't think you're looks too much. Can you please come here and decorate my house? hehe.

Leah said...

i LOVE your wall going up the stairs! you have such a great eye!