Did you know in Japan 99.9 % of people don't know the Lord as their personal Lord and Savior? That means only one in every thousand people have real hope for eternity. Japan is the third richest nation in the world, almost 100% literate, organized, and an extremely low crime rate. Pretty much the perfect society. In fact, many of my friends and acquaintances have said, after seeing the gentle nature of the people in extremely difficult times, “ I wish our country would take note and learn from them.” I’ve also said that. And yet, in Japan 90 people a day commit suicide. This is one of the highest rates in the world. Why would they do that when it seems as though they have so much going for them? Something I can’t understand, but I do know, if I didn’t know about eternity life, didn’t know God, life could most definitely seem hopeless. Don’t forget to pray for these beautiful people.
And please pray for my friends who have had to evacuate and are now separated from loved ones, their homes, and pet….Not knowing when they can return.
Last weekend at the farmers market there were some Japanese women selling these arrangements to benefit Japan. They said they still have family in Japan. And yes, they were true to Japanese form--Kind and generous. They gave Asher an origami bird. I thought they were pretty and another plus, they’ve helped me remember to pray. Here's the pics.
1 comment:
great post Sarah, as always.
Post a Comment