Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Way Back Wednesday- Yokohama

003
Keegan(still needing a haircut) and riding quietly on the train.
004
Greg and Tate hung out in the back and had a snack.
007009
How cute is this kiddy size bathroom? Japan is great about having kid size bathrooms, nursing rooms for mom, etc. We American’s are slowly catching on. Our local mall has a nice family room, with a small play are a nursing area. Too bad it smells :0
012
Looking for Hard Rock Cafe- Looks as though Tate is no longer interested in riding in the carrier and Greg is multi- tasking.

015
Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm
021022
023
Tate made some friends. Are you surprised? I'm not…  And Keegan of course, wanted nothing to do with this mess.
026036
038035
After lunch there was this show going on in the park. These are the things I miss about Tokyo, always something unexpected going on.
039
044
There IS a glass window behind them. Look at those ships behind them. You know that reminds me of all the videos post Tsunami.
047
This is the view from the observation deck of the Yokohama Landmark Tower. It is Japans 3rd largest tower with the worlds 2nd fastest elevator. Want your ears to pop? Take a ride on that thing!
050
065
If you’ve been to Japan, you’ve tried Pocky. Mmm.
074077
079
080081
083
We headed over to the Yokohama Museum of Art and saw painting from many famous artist including these two at the bottom by Salvador Dali.
093
091
I love these pictures. Maybe because I remember doing this as a kid.
094
096
097
After a quick stop at Snoopy Town we headed home. When we would head in to Tokyo we had to make the most of our time because you travel 1.5 hours or so on the train to get there. It was exhausting with young kids and I was always happy to get back to base after that. That was always an unusual feeling, cuz when on base, ya just want off. This particular trip was in January (I believe) It was so cold. Tate was potty training and hated going on the Japanese heated toilet seats they were “hot” in his opinion. On the way home he started crying uncontrollably--- he HAD to go potty. So we got off the train we had waited so long to catch…And he had an accident anyway because of the hot seats. THEN we were stranded for 45 minutes on the platform, cold and hungry, tired waiting for the next train. I WILL NEVER FORGET THAT. All the while trying to keep both boys from jumping on the tracks!

No comments: