Tuesday, June 19, 2012

bowl of cherries

I don’t know about you but I’m loving not having to be somewhere at 7:40 every morning. Oh, and 8:15, and 11:15, and 2:30. I have gotten more cleaning and organizing done in the last week than I have in the last school year. My biggest challenge is forcing my kids out of the house because basically, I’m the only one who wants to go somewhere. They are busy making forts, writing books, doing art, Legos, computer games, and maybe a few video games on the side. I love that they play so well, but hate( because I feel guilty) that sometimes I don’t see them for hours, and secondly that their kind of fun is so dern messy. Some messy fun is okay by me, but the excessive cut up papers, and not being able to walk through the dining room because every chair is a fort causes me to constantly take a breath and make a decision. To pick my battle, and figure out what’s really important to me and what I can let go of. 

 

cherries2

 

Today included fresh cherries, banana muffins, taking our time to get out the door, first library cards for all, just to name a few. The lazy days of summer are here for sure..  Welcome summer, I’m pretty stinking glad you are here.

No comments: