Friday, January 6, 2012

Good News for the New Year

Keegan prayed and received salvation on January 3rd. He had told me he had prayed alone for this reason in the Summer. But I really wanted to pray with him and be sure he really understood the decision he was making.

You might be like "What? Huh? Received Salvation?"  Well, If you are wondering, It's simple really, and the most important decision you will make in this life. Romans 10:9 says, " That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you shall be saved." We can't earn salvation and we are all sinners, so this is the way for eternal life.  That should be your heart, and your words don't have to be these words, they can be yours , but here's an example if you want to pray this prayer too.

Dear Lord,
I admit that I am a sinner. I have done many things that don’t please you. I have lived my life for myself. I am sorry and I
repent. I ask you to forgive me. I believe that you died on the cross for me, to save me. You did what I could not do for myself. I come to you now and ask you to take control of my life, I give it to you. Help me to live every day in a way that pleases you. I love you, Lord, and I thank you that I will spend all eternity with you.
Amen.

 Keegan urged me to also pray with Tate, but he isn't quite ready, but I believe he will be one day, too.  I couldn't be more thankful to God that he worked on Keegan's heart and made it soft toward making this decision while he is still young. My Good News for the New Year.


1 comment:

Leah said...

this is just the BEST NEW YEARS news ever!! so excited for Keegan!