I remember feeling kind of frozen that day, and being surrounded by others still trying to grasp and cope will what had happened. I was heartbroken for our country. On that day we said we wouldn’t forget and we haven’t. We still remember the families, the stories, the way it made us feel, and the anger it evoked, the way it made us want to unite together and NEVER LET THIS HAPPEN AGAIN. Oddly enough I have more emotions now on the ten year anniversary. I guess that is because with age comes knowledge, and with knowledge, understanding. When you know what exactly you’ve lost, you know how to mourn.
I am a different person than I was ten years ago, and I feel like a huge majority of the way my life and the life of my children has been shaped has been around the war, the war that spawned from THAT DAY. I am proud of how Our Nation has tried to stand together and fight, how the military has laid it on the line for our freedom, and how for the last nine years I have played a part, albeit small in this war… Standing behind a Military man who has had over one hundred combat sorties assiting the fighters in getting those bad guys.
Sometimes it seems pointless, we spends months, added up into years apart as a family, at times we don’t even have the support of the government to continue the war, from some we do. We hear the military should go, should stay. But 9-11 is a great reminder of why we have done what we have done the last ten years. Not all of it “right” but the best that we could.
None our our lives would have been the same had this day not happened. And that’s why aside from all my other emotions I hurt for those who lost there loved ones. I mean when you say “gut wrenching” that’s exactly how I feel. I can’t imagine the husbands, wives, mothers, fathers, and children watching the towers crumble LIVE and knowing their loved ones were inside, or to be on one of those flights *chills*
We are strong and we have come so far.
E Pluribus Unum- "Out of many, one." I am so proud of our country's heroism on 9-11 and during the past ten years. God Bless Our Country.
No comments:
Post a Comment