Tuesday, July 19, 2011

way back wednesday { okinawa vacation}

DSC_0042
This vacation was one of the best ever.. I mean, really. ( Did I blog about this already) I really feel like I did, I didn’t find it in my search. Sorry if I’m repeating myself like a crazy person.  As I was saying,  This place is paradise and only a few hour flight from where we were living in Japan. Of course, by now some of the less then perfect memories are foggy in my head. That helps make it seem like a seamless vacation.  But, I still remember the morning sickness, groggy pregnancy feeling…And that, I could have done with out. I was around 17 weeks preggars with Asher. Did I mention, when we arrived we had a cabin with zero amenities i.e., no blankets, pillows, nothing, nada, zip, zero. And nothing on our person seeing as though we flew in to the island. I won’t say who made the reservations.  I spent the first three or four days walking to the public bathrooms 100 times a day because, yup, you guessed it, the baby in my belly.  Oh and taking Tate, who almost completely regressed on being potty-trained because trying to go in a public restroom is so darn stressful and such a far walk. Well, after we survived all that, we got a beach house on the water. Crisis diverted. So I still say, this was a great vacation, one of the best!
DSC_0062
Look at these little lambs, I mean really, Why do they have to change so fast?
DSC_0065DSC_0066
Look at Tate’s chubby little baby legs –waaaaaaah! Yes, he is wearing those dorky beach shoes. The shells and debris in the water here was nothing to mess around with.
DSC_0069
DSC_0089
DSC_0090
DSC_0093DSC_0102
DSC_0119
DSC_0125
DSC_0179
Everyday you guys woke up and went on a walk with dad, and I sat, and sat, sick and nauseated.
DSC_0228
DSC_0232
But, I managed to climb Hiji Falls beerbelly and all.
DSC_0213
The outdoors + Greg’s heaven
DSC_0434
DSC_0452
THIS BOY ON THE LEFT
DSC_0453
HASN’T
DSC_0460
CHANGED
DSC_0465
MUCH
DSC_0475
Asher? Is that you? Reminds me of Asher here. Maybe because Asher now fits these dame clothes?
DSC_0534
Reasons the Florida Aquarium can’t compete. Sorry Florida.
DSC_0491
DSC_0498
DSC_0495DSC_0497
Can we go back?  Pleeeeeeeeeeease!?

2 comments:

Janell said...

great blast from the past! Man I wish I could visit Okinawa! looks like so much fun!

Mama Bear said...

HOLY COW! How did I miss this post? So awesome! You look so purdy preggers and that aquarium is outrageous!!