Thursday, July 21, 2011

embrace the camera: July 21st {embracing the Mr. being away}

I had a plethora of status updates on Facebook tonight. I guess too much free time with the hubs out of town. It’s like I think it’s twitter or something. Oh and I shared a video because my boys are just plain silly. I have so much on my heart. For one, a dear and beautiful friend is having some testing done on her son. I hurt for her, because I know this is a scary time. I am close to her twin sister as well, and I know everyone is in this together believing for the best. I also know God has a plan and that he can do anything even heal Shane completely. Please pray for this sweet boy and his family.
268956_10150300159713125_516858124_9132558_5486148_n

One of my status’ read:
If there is one thing I have learned it is , Your life struggle(even if self-inflicted) can be used for your good. You have to choose. Will you allow it to strengthen your faith or allow it to ruin you?”

This isn’t  directed towards anyone in particular.  And it wasn’t meant as though I think people need bad things to happen for them to come to God(though sometimes that does happen). Oh, and the struggle need not be something difficult by outsiders standards. Often time it’s that nagging voice inside our head telling us we aren’t good enough, holding us back with insecurities(women can I get an amen?!?!), an eating disorder, disobedient children, etc. My status was more a reflection on were I’ve come from and how I’ve grown. Ouch that darn growing hurts every time.  See, with me, my “life struggles” are plentiful. I’m not saying I have a super hard life. I am blessed beyond what I deserve. I do however have things I struggle with everyday. One big one is consequences from decisions I have made. I used to feel trapped in guilt(even though I knew I was forgiven). In some ways gave up on what could be because I messed up and I felt it would be too hard to have things the way they should be. But, I can see it different now.   I have talked about it on this blog, and I will say again-If we didn’t have that hurt, that pain, that struggle, why would we need anything or anyone? God created us with free-will and wants us to choose to love him and be His children. When we are at that place , he can bring peace.

Did I mention my three BIGGEST blessings are also something that keeps me turning to God? I need help and wisdom in parenting “something’ fierce”, as my mom would say.

We inherit a few things from our ancestors ya know…. Eye color, personalities… Well, our ancestors trace back to Adam the first man ever. And guess what? He had a sinful nature only God could wipe away on the cross. He created us, but we aren’t automatically his children.  We have to ask forgiveness and receive salvation.

Ugh, Sorry if I'm getting to preachy!

Continuing on in the spirit of ETC
I’m trying, tryyyyyyyyyyyyyying to embrace being separate from my husband for the summer , knowing a deployment will also be coming soon. This is one of those struggles I was talking about. Being a military wife. This is also blessing, but with it comes a lot of hardships. Our family is apart a lot. Don’t believe me? Ask my friends. Sometimes I don’t know if it is worth it, and I have a lot of questions in my noggin about this life we lead. This is where God has us for now so, I will choose to use this challenge as a way to grow.  If I am honest with myself though I know having him here would be easier it would be  one more area of complacency and on less need for God. I need God to give me the strength more then ever when single parenting.  Not only care for these three spirited boys day in and day out, but to also be their mentor, and play mom and dad. Embracing hard time is the real testimony right?!?! Anyone can be cheery when things are going their way. Ten plus deployments and it hasn’t got much easier. I will except the fact I am one of those special people God has to use multiple struggles (hidden to the outside at times) and teach the same lesson to over and over, to get to my thick skull.
IMG_2147_2IMG_2152_2
IMG_2270_3IMG_2315_2
IMG_2278_2
IMG_2269_2
IMG_2310_2
                                        
Hey over HERE If you wanna play Embrace the Camera , too.

These pictures are from last October. But, I’m in them soooooooo that counts right? The talented Leah Spranger took them. I adore her style SO MUCH!

Your hardships whether self-induced or dropped in your lap can grow you for God or leave you weak and feeble. The choice is ours.

Happy Thursday. I hope this wasn’t to heavy for you. If it was I fully give you permission to get a full-fat and sugar Starbucks today ;)

5 comments:

Laura said...

my ETC photos for today are from last year too. :P i vote it's okay! Ha.

beautiful photos; praying for you as you are away from your hubby.

ps. PREACH IT! :D

Wendy said...

Beautiful pictures and Fabulous post.

Mama Bear said...

Heavy?! I love when you talk about God. He pours out of you so eloquently! Never apologize!!!! xo

Bekah said...

Beautiful pictures! There are so many comments I could leave on your post, so much of it resonated with me. But I think I will leave it at this...I could never do what you do. Military families have my utmost respect. Always remember where you strength comes from, and He will provide!

Janell said...

oh Sarah this post just made me cry! You are so amazing and awesome and I'm so glad we met and became BFF's. I love what you write and I love what you feel and I feel like we are totally sisters if not by blood! Thank you so much for putting Shane on the blog, it means so much to me and my sis!