Saturday, June 4, 2011

A GOOD deal and GOOD friends

There are quite a few things that make me happier then this, but finding a good deal can reeeeally make my day. Ya see, I went in to the Loft looking for a very particular, very cute pair of pants my stylish friend was wearing a few weekends ago. I found them, but surprise, they didn’t fit me right. My darn legs are too short. So after trying on a bunch of stuff, the one thing that fit was this pair of gray pants with a tie waist. Hmm these are pretty cute. They were $69.99 originally marked down to $4.88. When I got to the register I ended up paying $3.66 because of an additional discount on clearance. Is that considered free, because it felt like it was.
cheap britches (3)cheap britches (9)
When I get this kind of deal I always think. Wow, Maybe they are so ugly no one else would buy them and I just don’t know it. I hope that is not the case. My guess would be the odd length and sizing was caarrazy (at least it had me buying way smaller not bigger). Now, lets be honest I would way rather have those super cute sailor trousers with buttons my friend had , but these will have to do.

progressive dinner (5)
Thursday night I hosted the Monthly Social for my husband’s Squadron. We did a Progressive Dinner at three restaurants in the local area. I am happy to say we made it to all three places, we all ate till our hearts content, and had plenty of time to chat. It is a blessing to have women in your life who get it when you say names of bases, planes, and you don’t ever, ever, even have to explain some of the oddities of military life.  These girls go through long separations from their husbands, just like me, and they handle it so well. I am always amazed and hope that I can , or do, have that attitude. At least some of the time, because being alone isn’t an easy feat, especially when raising the kids alone.

2 comments:

Jennah M said...

What an amazing deal on the pants!! I think they are really cute! Score! I like that idea of a progressive dinner too! How fun!

Leah said...

WHAT???? only you can find adorable pants for 3.66!! you look good girl! :)