Thursday, May 19, 2011

half a week of randoms

 Wednesday was uneventful. That’s a good thing, I believe. It consisted of a run, catching up with a friend, pulling a weed or two, making dinner early so I could get the kids out to the pool.

This was for dinner-
DSC_0066
recipe compliments of a dear friend. She found it here

Would any Florida afternoon be complete without a game of lightsabers in your mismatched flannel PJs? Not in T’s world.
DSC_0028DSC_0030DSC_0033
After that my and the big boys went to a six-thirty elementary school play showing of the Jungle Book

DSC_0068

DSC_0071
DSC_0073

 Yesterday was full of people I love just the way I love it. And when I got home from doing stuff I started going through Tate’s bag from preschool. Overstuffed with stuff from the year *gulp* Do I really have to leave this school? They made each child a memory book. I know it comes as no surprise he has changed so much since September. Why do they do this stuff and pull on our heartstrings.

Umm question??? Have you heard the scripture "You can pray for anything, and if you have faith, you will receive it." It's found in Matthew 21:22 I prayed and I believe prayers are being answered. How is it that I forget to ask for things I want and need when I’ll  need to do is ask?

Last night I spent some time with my military sisters. Okay haters. I know you think all military wives are the same, we gossip and cause drama. It really isn’t so, and I’m going to prove it. Did you know if we find the things we have in common instead of looking at all our differences we can help each other and be friends? It really is a great concept.

4 comments:

Janell said...

aww I missed reading (stalking) your blog! hehe. My inlaws finally left today (unless the plane breaks), so I am free to get online! hehe. I need to catch up with you. I'll call you next week for sure after I sleep and clean this whole weekend. LOL.

Mama Bear said...

Should I cry that your military sister time was so God-filled? Like happy tears, of course :) Sure do love you.

Leah said...

that soup looks yummy (so colorful!) and you look adorable with your boys!!

Sarah said...

I miss your stalking Janell. Glad you're back in business.
No you shouldn't James. Nothing could replace some one on one with James.
Thanks Leah :)