Wednesday, April 13, 2011

chipboard letters

april11 (66)april11 (63)
april11 (62)april11 (64)
1. Gather supplies.
You will need-
  • Modge Podge
  • Cereal box or other lightweight cardboard
  • Cardstock
  • Sponge or brush
  • Ribbon or raffia
  • Small hole punch or if you are like me a screwdriver and  hammer.( I improvised and hammered holes using the screwdriver (chisel style)
I printed out my templates HERE. I love these letters. I use them for everything, including baby onesies.  I resize them on the copier if they aren’t the right size for a particular project.  When I made the letters for the Easter Baskets right HERE I cut them a little thinner.
2.) I used Modge Podge on colored side the cereal box (so the back would just show cardboard) and them covered the cardstock with it.
april11 (65)
3.) While those dried, I cut out the letters, and when the Modge Podge was still tacky I placed my letters on top. They tackiness helped hold it in place while I cut around the template.
4.) After completely drying I punched two holes in the top and ran some raffia I found in a closet through the holes to tie onto the basket

april11 (53)april11 (55)
april11 (54)
Can’t wait till Easter

2 comments:

Our Party of Five said...

first of all-posted at 5:25 this morning! go to sleep! lol
second-super cute! Thanks for posting the how-to's for the craft challenged people like myself! :)
xoxo

Stephanie said...

Please come to my house and work your creative magic!! :) :)