Wednesday, March 23, 2011

it’s the end of the world as we know it

Newsweek reads : "Apocalypse Now- Tsunamis, Earthquakes, Nuclear Meltdowns, Revolutions. Economies on the Brink. What the #@%! Is Next?" Libya is in crisis and the stories I am hearing are some of the worst I have ever heard. I know, media is dramatic and we are in a new era where people can record videos and upload them to YouTube videos in a warzone. A era where word spreads like wildfire. With that being said it is still a scary time. Things have been falling apart and disasters have been happening since the beginning of time, but conditions do seem to be elevating, get worse. I know, people always say this stuff.... I'm sure  because we get older, we notice more, and technology advances. But, like it or not and no matter how radical this sounds the Bible warns of disasters and war in the "end times"


 I think my first recolection of a "scare" of the end times wasY2K. I was sixteen at the time, and the threat of what "might happen" when the clock stuck midnight on New Years, January 2000 Didn't really scare me. I have to admit though, now that I'm older and I have kids I have a different perspective. Protecting them(even from the news) and being honest(there are real issues out there) is a difficult balance to strike. I have told them about Japan, I want them to be aware, to think of others, to know there is more going on in the world then whats going on in there little worlds.  But when Keegan started to read the headline on Newsweek. I took it, I hid it. I mean, he is seven. We don't know how many days we have on this earth. I believe very possible it is not long(you define"long"). On the other hand, we living now, could live long healthy lives and so could our children. Airing on the side of caution though, I want my kids lo live the time they have on this earth whether it be one day or one hundred years innocent and carfree. The way childhood is supposed to be. Gloom and doom free. 


The honest truth is, people are suffering all over the earth at this very moment. The thought gives me chills and while I am overwhelmed with joy our country has been spared in many ways, I do wonder why, and am scared to think we could be next. A lot of ANSWERED questions that's the over all feeling of the week. I don't know how many times I have had a imprompto moment of silence this week, as my heart felt wrenched, heavy, and achy. I think God is speaking to me, to my heart, prompting me. "Prepare you heart, prepare your family, live each days as it is your last." I want to enjoy the days, not live in fear, but live purposefully knowing that when I stand before the Lord he knows me.  Our days are numbered and we don't know the hour or the day of Christ return.

The Bible says-

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."
Mark 13:32

and

Luke 21:36:  "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

Do you feel ready? I mean, no one wants to die, but if it was your day, do you think you would be ready to meet the King of the Universe?



Check out this  link to Bible.com its more then just scriptures, I promise it has some great answers to some important questions, like, how to prepare your heart for Christ return. Love to all and happy Wednesday.

2 comments:

Mama Bear said...

S! SO GOOD! So, so good!

Our Party of Five said...

how did i miss this post?!!
I really feel you on the y2k thing-totally didn't think anything of it. but man oh man, throw my children into the mix now, and it's a totally different ball game!
this was a good one, my friend!