Wednesday, January 26, 2011

gloomy, sunny, windy, every thingy, blessed, kind of day

This day was so rando all the way around. There are so many things I didn’t do, and so many I did. It was one of those days where you get stuff done you don’t normally get to, and let other stuff go…and you are so relieved you did. For instance, Greg gave me this pair of shorts about 6 months ago that had a little tear in the seam. Now, I am no seamstress, in fact, I get a little annoyed when Greg brings me things like a 2 inch thick sea bag that he wants me to rig in some unusual manner. I am not a professional, nor do I perform miracles, nor do I own and industrial strength sewing machine. In fact, its quiet puny.  But, I could totally do this, it was just a matter of taking the time to but black thread on…it took me literally one minute to complete. To me there is a difference between fixing something and creating something the “fixing” does not inspire. So happy birthday to Greg. I fixed his shorts! And you know what... he appreciates that stuff so much, it’s so worth it. Only makes me wish I had done it sooner. I sat several times even though I should have and could have been doing other things and admired my babies and played games with them. I know no matter how much I do, when they are gone I will think I never did enough, never took enough time, didn’t play…. So see, now its documented. I can go back and read, in one January day, I made time for Keegan’s friend to come play, helped him right a book summary(just he and I, no distractions from the others), I played Lincoln Logs and Candy Land with Tate, We fed ducks, went on a walk,  Asher got more hugs and kisses and tickles then usual. Yes, I am a good mom! Sometimes……………………….. and most of the time I fail. I have said it before, and I’ll say it again., it reminds me of my need for God.  All day I could feel God’s hand on my life…guiding me and helping me deal with areas that aren’t perfect. Helping my make a conscious decision to find joy because being happy and having joy are two entirely different things.  I am aware that I can I can choose how I will allow my circumstances to shape my character. I want it to be for the better.




And I have to admit it... I have a pretty good life!


beautiful dayday (35)beautiful dayday (18)
beautiful dayday (20)beautiful dayday (34)beautiful dayday (16)
beautiful dayday (31)


beautiful dayday (38)  beautiful dayday (41)  beautiful dayday (44)
beautiful dayday (46)  beautiful dayday (51)
beautiful dayday (101)  beautiful dayday (107)

1 comment:

Mama Bear said...

this made me teary eyed. "God gave me you for the ups and downs, God gave me you for the days of doubt" Love Dave Barnes and that song. God gives us opportunities, and friends, and life partners to help remind us of us our blessings, and to show us His provisions that we seem to miss. You know I thought from the first day I met you what a beautiful wife and mom of three boys you are. Tate will remember what a good mom you are, too; just from those tiny, little games you were willing to play with him. LY