The children were nestled all snug in their bed while visions of confetti danced in their heads.
Tate’s teacher sent him this poem-
Back To School Magic Confetti
The night before school is exciting and fun.
There are always so many things to be done.
Your clothes are ready, your backpack is too.
Your classroom is full of fun things you will do.
There are so many questions that go through your mind,
All types of thoughts of every kind.
But sometimes we all get the jitters down deep
And that makes it hard to fall fast asleep.
So I've made you some magic confetti, it really is cool.
It will help you be rested and ready for school.
Just place the confetti next to your bed.
On the night before school starts where you lay down your head.
The confetti will help you sleep through the night
And you will wake up in the morning fresh and bright.
I'll place the confetti near my bed, too
And remember, I just can't wait for school so I can see you!
Author Unknown
And confetti to put under his pillow. And that he did. Brother got some under his too. Today this the last day of summer. No more lounging around, taking our time, wondering what day it is because the weekends and weekdays run together, doing things on our schedule. Sad day it tis. Beach day, camping, the pool all come to an end. Asher is packing his backpack and lunch too. What a rude awakening he will have when he realizes he has to stay home with me another year. This afternoon the desk were tried on for size, teachers were met, bags of fresh crayons, pink erasers, and those bright yellow pencils all dropped off. I’m sad the boys are a grade older, but there are just some things I really love about this year.
1 comment:
I love this little poem! And I love seeing your updates pop up on my Blogger feed :)
Post a Comment