Mother’s Day was great. I was blessed to have my family together. It was a so nice and especially appreciated since Greg had just gotten in the night before. The boys woke me in darkness, not different than most days, but this time brought my breakfast in bed and homemade cards and gifts. Their faces full of excitement, their pudgy little arms hugging my neck. I’m so blessed. And I know it.
Still I’d be lying if I didn’t say I missed extended family particularly on this day. At lunch out I couldn’t help but look on to the family at a table near us. They had lots of family around them. It seemed so right, and so full. They sat and talked, and read each detail of each card and laughed as they opened presents and just spent time together. No family is perfect, but I am sure of the fact God gave us one for a reason. I go along most days fine..this is a way of life for me. So feeling this is rare, and I think a good thing. I longing for home so to speak. Which of course reminds me of the longing we should have for heaven. Our real home.
I love this saying and it so fitting for Mother’s Day—
The most precious jewels
you will ever have around
your neck is the arms
of her children.
Don’t get me wrong, I love a good piece of jewelry but nothing can replace the hope of heaven, my children, and my family. That is my Mother’s Day Jewelry.
I love that God knew three boys would my the perfect match, the perfect challenge, and the perfect blessing for my life. Mothering is the biggest challenge and the biggest honor in my life.
2 comments:
I loved this!!
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOOVEEEEEEE this. perfectly said, mama. and a good mama you are!
Post a Comment