This is after he is finaaly showing improvement. After a steroid shot.
This was the early stages
Seeing how disfigured his face was is a reminder how serious his reaction was. It's not like I didn't know it then, I was fervently seeking treatment, but when my 1st and 2nd and 3rd attempt to see an improvement in his condition fell flat I sought a new strategy. Maybe I should have done that sooner. I don't know. I do know I did everything I could to comfort and find care for my child
I say all of this to say we mother's have a God given instinct. And we need to follow it. I have found sometimes I want to believe the vague or easy answer some doctors will give. Lets face it, there are lots of amazing doctors, but not all of them will treat your child the way they would if it was their own. I encourage you to remember to are your child's advocate. If you feel it in your heart something isn't matching up don't stop there.
I can only imagine what could have happened, though I don't like to think of it, if I had not scooped him up the moment I did. Crying out to God for answers and what to do next, I reached the right doctors, with the right knowledge in enough time. The next phase possible for some with this reaction ,which was only caused be an allergic reaction to antibiotics for an ear infection, is Stephan-Johnsons syndrome a life-threatening skin condition. Terrifying. And a possible reality. I will never forget the relief I felt as I finally saw his swelling going down.
2 comments:
Gosh this was so scary. Thank You, God, for the end result. I remember how hard you tried to get him help that week. Back and forth and back and forth. One strong momma, you are. x to the o.
Goodness, it's so hard to see those pics. And so much harder for you. :( but you took care of your baby and pressed on to get him well!
Post a Comment