Friday, January 27, 2012

What you should know about mom's of boy(s)

Probably not all moms of boys agree on these, but for the ones that do, I'm gonna preach on.



About Boys

We love our boys even if you can't see through the dirt and toughness

We want our boys to be loved and acepted, and it doesn't seem as easy for society to do, so we fight for them even more.

We don't enjoy talk about bodily functions or private part talk... But we pick our battles, and if it isn't hurting someone, sometimes you have to let it go.

We are proud of our boys energy, curiosity, and inquisitiveness--even though it is more work.

We wish the general public wouldn't talk about "getting a girl" in front of our boys, like dreams and families can't be complete until that happens. As if the aren't good enough.

We believe every good and perfect gift comes from God and that would include sons.

We take raising boys seriously, cause the would needs a few more then a few good men.

We think it is an honor that God thought highly enough to give us a boy in the first place, because raising sons takes wisdom, energy, patience, and love.

We would love a spotless house, and we try, but somethings ESPECIALLY THE TOILETS, might not be clean. It doesn't mean we are dirty or lazy, it means we've got a few disadvantages in the cleanliness area. Disclaimer...I'm not saying lets just accept filth. I'm saying ,please don't judge, cause I'm trying my darndest to hold it all together.

We believe there is a special place in heaven for moms of boys :) Okay, not really, but ummm...maybe


What about you? Anything you would add to this list?

2 comments:

Mama Bear said...

We do fight for them, don't we? I don't know why we feel we have to, but I will do it until I die. They are blessings.

Sarah said...

Because its our mama instincts kicking in, and if we don't who will?