Tuesday, December 13, 2011

whats going on

Or should I say, What isn't? Tis the season as you know... You take your already hectic life and tack on all the extras. Parties, cards, gifts, church, church plays, practicing for plays, making extra goodies to bring to extra events, school projects to finish before Christmas break. And there you have it. Craziness.
I do love this time of year though, amidst the craziness.


Keegan just finished this month long endeavor to complete an experiment and prepare the findings for the school science fair.

A weekly crazy event- I took them to the store yesterday. First stop, the bathroom where their behavior resulted in spankings for all. Let me first say my apologies to the women trapped in the stall(I'm assuming too afraid to show her face) A. Because the boys had peeked under the stall(one of the reasons they were being spanked) B. Pity for me perhaps? What was done had to be done.

We continue on through the store, things are going okay IMO but the kids are making noise and moving (pretty much constantly), what can I say? These are living breathing creatures, people. I feel and see faces turning towards my cart after they survey the gender, and the number, they look at my face EVERY TIME! I'm not sure what they are looking for- Wrinkles? To see how stressed I am? To see if I'm happy with this life? To see how old I'm? They are looking for something, some answer. Maybe WHO or WHAT would choose to have three boys and take them to the store.

We continue on with constant shrieks to see the lobsters, six arms grabbing for things, but mostly each other. We get to the check-out were Tate is very excited to look at toys and says he "wants" everything he sees. I don't think it's Christmas, I think it's his age. And it doesn't really bother me. It's a habit and he won't do it forever. He asked for laundry soap yesterday because it "gets your brightest whites" or whatever their catch phrase was. He's got it down. My parent didn't really let us watch t.v. and when we did the commercials HAD to be muted so we didn't pick up on this" I want" trend. Guess what? Tate's a sponge, and he will pick up one way or another. I feel the bigger lesson, is learning there are and will be things you want, but you don't always get them.

We ended the register stint with the twenty something clerk telling me "He's hyper" As though he was offering me a new news flash. I didn't really appreciate that, but what are you going to do!?! Things are crazy and sometimes I want to bury me head in a hole, but even so there are so many things I love about being a mom, and the craziness of my individual kids. I feel like I do manage to keep a sense of humor about the different situations I find myself in. And that is the only and heathiest thing I know to do!

Continuing on---

We get in the car and Tate prays aloud with all sincerity, "Dear God, Please let me, and Keegan, and Asher and all the children in the world be able to drink Diet Coke everyday. Amen." He's a nut!

The weekend included wto Christmas parties, and a wonderful church service. I couldn't feel more blessed. Soaking up every second of family life, before it comes to a temporary end right after Christmas.




1 comment:

Janell said...

wow things sound so crazy busy with you! I MISS YOU! So sorry I haven't called yet. I need Sarah time! hehe.