Sunday, July 24, 2011

Poop goes one the potty { Potty training 101} : part two

Sooooooo… I’m pretty sure I’m the only one that has make this mistake, but just in case I’m not, I will tell my story so this doesn’t happen to you. Here goes, I didn’t even think about facing a boy backwards(facing the toilet). I was just about clueless as they come when it comes to potty training and boys. I had four brothers, I did diapers, but I guess I missed out on the PT bit. So anyway, I did figure out to have him sit instead of standing at first, so that was good. But I had no clue on what to do with that boy part. K was still young and trying to explain to push it down seemed complicated. I didn’t feel he had the coordination to do it, so I’m pretty sure I didn’t even try. I soon found out the hard way Winking smile 
You guys are going to laugh. I’m a little embarrassed to say, to avoiding touching that boy part every time , or having to explain… I tried to have him close his legs. My belief was that is was single handedly pushing it down. I. WAS. WRONG. Oopsie. I didn’t know it wasn’t working until a frazzled preschool worker stopped me and asked what in the heck I was teaching my child and told me pee was going all over the place doing to morning potty break. HA..A. HA.. HA. I love being a new mom, NOT! I can say I’m happy I’m past those days. That was really embarrassing. I quickly changed my ways and taught him  how to push the darn thing down while sitting.
I didn’t have him stand till he was tall enough and coordinated to reach.
So I guess the whole point is -facing backwards can help you avoid the positioning of the private part, if you don’t feel they are ready, and if the are, for goodness sake… Don’t have them push their knees together.
Now, will someone please tell ME how to get these boys, all four of them, to lift the seat, aim,  put it back down, and flush?
pt pics (4)
pt pics (5)
More pictures of my baby turned big boy. Because.. umm. How is it possible he looks like a little man? Wasn’t he just born?

No comments: