Thursday, April 7, 2011

A+ You’re a Star

Did you know when you have kids and they get tested, or graded, for any reason it is like you yourself are being tested or graded? Right when you think you are past all that stuff, you have kids, then you have 5 years or less until you are back in the loop of grades, test, and SATS.  Well, I got lucky…. I hate to brag but my kids are smartys. They don’t get it from me, so I can’t take to much credit, but I know I really have to enjoy the fact Keegan gets excited about the SATS because it probably won’t last forever.
april (44)
see all those E’s? Those stand for Excellent. The OL, & S are good too.

I just had my first conference for Tate and I have to say, I was kind of nervous…He just isn’t the same child Keegan is. And let me say, when I compare their differences it is never intended in a negative way. One of my top joys and most thankful prayers come from my children’s individuality. I could not handle two of a kind. I guess God knew that.  Tate is smart and gifted in other areas. My main concern was his confidence level with academics particularly, recognizing letters or writing his name. Not because I was concerned he would be behind but more so wanting him to feel he can do anything he puts his mind to.  At home he was acting like he was scared to answer for fear of getting it wrong.
april (9)
That’s all A’s for Tate who calls himself “Tater Totter Too” at school
I got to the conference and was pleasantly surprised. Right on track 100% So all those little confused faces and excuses about not knowing how to write his name was a front. What a little player! Tate Kuhn!  He did say , “this was a lot of work”, in regards to one page of work he had to complete. What can I say, the boy like to play. And I guess I can blame them for that. Another tidbit, looks like a have another left-handed student. I give both boys an A+ I’m a proud momma.
april (12)
april (11)
april (13)
april (45)
Here’s a pink pig. Had to post, just because it’s cute

4 comments:

Janell said...

That's awesome Sarah! You're such a great mom. Kainoa got his report card too, unfortunately, it was just average. ;( He has to start tutoring tomorrow to help with his writing. Ugh.

Sarah said...

Janell, average isnt bad. And even if Kainoa's report card says "average" according to his grades, he is anything but that. He is a smart boy, and sometimes school run so systematically it doesn't do justice for all students. Kainoa is still so young and has plenty of room to grow. Some kids start to really excell when they are older. Heck, who knows how my boys will be doing next year or in the fall for that matter. I heard even really smart boys almost all become average or less in 3rd grade! Keegan is going into 3rd.

Mama Bear said...

That makes 4 left-handers! Both of my boys are, too! You think it means somethin'?? And Janell, boys are all different. My son never got such a great report either. But I know he has the best heart and will do just fine! Yours will, too! :)

Our Party of Five said...

hi mama!
what a wonderful treat that must have been-you deserve a pat on the back! You do such a magnificent job with those boys, Sarah!
Goodness, I can't imagine having two Nolans-lol. Like the saying "God doesn't give you more than you can handle" I think I would be a bit of a crazy lady if I had two Nolans. ha
I know you are, but wow-be so proud of them!!
Gabe is a lefty too :)
xoxo