Friday, April 22, 2011

And I thought hives were for sissies{viewer discretion advised}

I am sure in the past when people complained about hives I thought it was somewhere in ranking with hangnails. Well, the past two days I have learned that is not the case. I guess you really do learn something new everyday. And since we all know I keep in real around here and not all my post are about bubblegum and raindrops I am going to show you the face of hives.

{this is when it was almost at it's worst. i think the steroid had started to kick in-- as that did the welts turned to rings}




{day 1 looked like this}

{day 2 when he woke up looked like this}


{before it got really bad, he still wanted to dye eggs with his brothers}




{this is post-steroid late afternoon- i don't have pictures from the worst of it, because i was blurry -eyed crying and at the urgent care for the second time}

{excuse the boogies...this must be posted, because this is a major improvement}


{couldn't set him down for this one}

{ i guess sometimes they leave bruising?}

It is hard to see your baby hurting, it is hard to not have answers, to have to "fight" to get your child medical treatment when they need it, To ask all the right questions and get all the answers. It is hard to care for your other kids when one is sick. Mothering is not for the faint of heart and I know longer think hives and hangnails are in the same category I am so tired of the word "hives" I want to come up with a new one, because I just don't like it anyway.

I am a firm believer that you learn not one new thing a day, but many.

xoxo,
Sarah

3 comments:

Mama Bear said...

Sarah, you need the biggest hug of your life when I see you. That's all.

Leah said...

Oh poor Asher and mommy. :( I had hives not too long ago and it looked just like that all over my face! They hurt so bad, praying for you all....hugs!

Janell said...

awww praying for you guys! Makes me so sad! Oh btw I did get your message on my phone! It made me smile!